Today is Pie making day!! =) Apple and Pumpkin pie!! I am so excited to be baking. =)
We were talking the other day about how excited we are to be doing our own thanksgiving. Its exciting to plan ourselves what we want to eat and make. AND I get to cook the turkey all by myself this year. I am SUPER excited!! I feel all grown up!!
Here is the Thanksgiving Day Menu :
Turkey (of course)
Stuffing (the real kind...from a box.{my ABSOLUTE favorite})
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce (wouldn't be thanksgiving without it)
Green bean Casserole (a traditional favorite)
Home made rolls(YUM!!)
Sweet Potato Butter (thanks to my great mom)
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Its a lot of food and what I wouldn't give for a double oven right now but it will be so great =)
I am trying two new recipes for my pies. well three actually. I am making a pat in the pan pastry pie crust, thanks to Diane at work =), and a Paula Deen flaky pie crust. the flaky will be for the apple and the pat in the pan for the pumpkin. Austin is getting REALLY excited for tomorrow =) And so am I =) We have the charlie brown thanksgiving movie to watch tomorrow and I am so ready to watch that. I have been waiting to watch it for almost a month! My wait is almost over!! =)
I am still debating about how to cook the turkey. Bag or no bag... I do but I don't...Hmmm I guess we'll see how I feel tomorrow. =) (don't worry mom, I'll figure it out today, I won't wait till the last moment) =)
Its been raining/snowing off and on here for the pass two days but I am totally loving it. Its almost like being in the pacific northwest again for the holidays =) Duke, on the other hand, is NOT enjoying the rain. He likes sun and snow. NO rain for him!! becca just doesn't like going outside in general unless its for a walk or she REALLY has to go to the bathroom. than she takes maybe half a step from the porch and squats. At least she gets off the porch. haha
Work is still crummy as usual. I am doing the job of three people and so is denice. it stinks that I am only getting paid for a third of the work I do...
So austin didn't get the job in St. george. Big disappointment. He recieved an email yesterday saying that it was offered to someone else but that he was one of their top choices. Wish we could put that on the resume because we've heard it a million and one times. But at least we still have the texas school to hear back from, the burley job, and the kingman job. At least there are still 3 things to hope for in the future.
(Please don't call me and talk to me about the St. George job, I don't want to talk about it. Its too disappointing to discuss, but if you feel the need you can call austin, he's still positive through everything so he can talk to you. thanks for understanding.)
well on that happy note(haha) I am going to go back home and start my pies =) ....I love being an adult =)
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!! =)
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment