While we were camping out the first week of austin's work I was sitting there enjoying nature like i did all day every day. =) Ha ha =) Well there was this one ground squirrel that was feeling very brave because it would come really close to me and then run away if i made any type of noise. I went for my camera and was ready to snap a shot of it but i didn't get a chance the time it came the closest to me. As the little guy came closer i stayed as perfectly still as i possibly could. It came closer......And closer......And closer......And closer!!!! Till it was right next to my foot!! I was holding my breath to see if it would come even closer!! It slowly walked closer and closer keeping an eye on me the whole time. It was almost standing on the edge of my flip flop now and i looked at it with fascination and amazement!!
And then all of a sudden it touched my toe with its paws and then BIT my toe!!!!
Can you believe that?!?! I was shocked!! And of course i jumped and made a noise and then it ran off. How dare he taste my toe?! It obviously was not a nut of some sort or anything edible! I had little teeth mark on my second toe from the big one. Can you believe that?!?!?! Crazy!! Although i did think it was very funny and how many people can say that they were bit by a ground squirrel?! Ha ha Well lucky for me i survived my encounter with the "beast" and did not turn into a squirrel my self. Oh and don't worry it didn't break the skin. I just had two little teeth mark bruises. =) Ha ha =)
Here is a picture of the toe biter =) We're going to call him chewy =)


No comments:
Post a Comment