This is a bit late, but I must tell you of my life changing event that occurred in August.
It happened before I even realized it. There I was sitting at Olive Garden with my family around the table and I was opening birthday gifts. Nothing extraordinary in that. But...it was the opening of one of the gifts that turned my life right side up. I opened the small parcel and in it was...you ready???...a pastry blender!!
You might be asking yourself, "Is that it?? Really Victoria?" Well my friends, that is it. I didn't realize it then but my life would never be the same after that moment.
I came to the realization in a couple weeks, took my blonde head way too long, while in the kitchen making biscuits. I pulled out my gift, finally, and began to cut in the butter.
....Mind blowing....
I knew that it would be easier, but this has made my life so much better! Who knew?!?
I exclaimed out loud, I believe to myself: "This is amazing!!! There is definitely still modern day revelation!! I believe!!! This is possibly better than sliced bread!!"
Now I had known for awhile that there was such a thing as a pastry blender but didn't think it would be worth it AND all the ones I had seen were the flimsy wire ones that looked weak. I am not a fan of weak kitchen tools. I secretly admired my parents pastry blender each time we visited, and would show Austin the kind I wanted. I am sad to say that at one time I was very tempted to slip theirs into my purse and leave $5-10 in its place, assuming they wouldn't mind the switch, but...I was righteous and instead just asked them for one for my birthday. My righteousness was paid off come August. =)
So to sum it up, since August, my life has been changed. This kitchen tool is now used almost every week in my kitchen making pie crusts, biscuits, etc. I am a changed women.
Thanks mom and ken!!! =)



No comments:
Post a Comment