Friday, June 13, 2014

I promise to do better...maybe... The brith - Part 1

Well it has been over 6 months since blogging last.  I can't believe that I haven't updated this at all.  I guess being busy with work at the start of this year and then having a baby and then deciding to grow my hair out again, WAIT!!?? WHAT??!! Did I just say that I had a baby?! That's right.  I sure did.  Go me for putting prego pics up.  NOT high five. =S

Well we found out we were having a baby in July, told our families in November and our little bundle of explosive poo, I mean joy, was born in April.  We waited till the baby was born to learn the gender and what excitement it was when Austin told me that it was a boy. =)  We were hoping for a boy but would be happy with whatever God decided to give us.  But we were so thrilled to have a boy, the big brother thing is what we really wanted. =)

Here is the story of the day(s):

It was 4 in the morning on April 9th.  I went downstairs to sleep on the couch because I couldn't sleep with Austin's snoring.  The couch seemed like a quiet deserted island after the loud storm my ears were going through up stairs (sidenote; Austin doesn't snore that bad but pregnancy, 9 months pregnant, makes the sense and the brain go crazy).  I was sleeping on the couch and randomly, starting around 5:30, I would wake up and be like, "Oh my back is a little sore. hmm... old couch." Zzzzzzzzzzz(sleeping)  a little later, "Oh, my back is hurting again, this darn old couch is going to make me old before my time...hmm...." Zzzzzzzzzz....   "Okay, my back is hurting again and its annoying now, I'm just trying to sleep."  At this point I was debating going back to lay next to the thunder storm or lay on this couch and get to the point of punching it back to softness.  I decided to stay on the couch.

But then it hit me. "Duh! You could be starting labor Victoria!"  I was skeptical though.  So around 6am I began timing out the pains in my back.  They were consistently 7 minutes apart. Not searing pain but just a tightening in my lower back and then a release.  I was thinking either its labor, or just backed up gas.  I was leaning towards the latter.

At 6:45am Austin came downstairs getting ready for work and sees me standing in the middle of the living room.  He came up and gave me a hug and startled me half to death.  I was basically asleep.  I had read some where online that if you move positions while you're feeling labor pains and they get better then its false labor.  I had stood up and once I did they started coming every 5 minutes and were increasing in intensity.  Me, still in denial, thought that by standing it had just pushed the gas down further and at any moment I would get relief. Well when austin came and gave me a hug after that they were then 3 minutes apart.

I told Austin that I was having some pains and you should have seen how his face lit up with excitement.  I told him that he could go to work because they were lasting only like 5 seconds and I am sure that its nothing.  Well he didn't listen to me at all and started timing them himself.  They were lasting about 45 seconds and coming consistently.  While doing this he was attempting to eat some breakfast (cereal) but didn't even want to finish it because he was so excited.

He said "Victoria I think this is the real thing, not gas. You're in labor. =) I'm going to run into work, tell my supervisor we're heading to the hospital while you and your mom get ready."  He wouldn't let me argue.

I knocked on my mom's door at 7 and said, "Mom, you might want to get ready to go to the hospital now.  I think I am in labor...but it could just be nothing."  My mom  got so excited and got things together swiftly and efficiently.  I am glad that she was there to help with everything.  It made me stress less.  Thanks mom!!

Austin came home shortly after he left and we loaded the truck (prepared with scissors, clip, tarp and blanket, just in case).  We were all silently praying that we would make it before baby brewer came and started our 3 hour drive to the hospital.

To Be Continued...


No comments: