Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pie

So after my little(HUGE) rant session yesterday to you all I thought I would let you know that I made austin homemade chocolate banana cream pie. EVERYTHING was from scratch. The crust was a chocolate crust, yum! And then layer with vanilla cream with banana chunks mixed in and then layered with banana slices and homemade chocolate syrup and chocolate chips(not homemade unfortunately=( )  And the result was a masterpiece! Austin loved it and it looked beautiful!! Would you like to see a picture?? =)

Well sorry, no picture. Camera is still broken and my phone is full so no picture to prove it but you can see the proof from austin gaining 20billion pounds from eating two huge slices the past 2 nights =)

by the way, do you know how many things you can make from scratch with just the simple ingredients you have in your kitchen right now?? A TON!!!

STOP PAYING FOR THE CONVENIENCE OF BUYING FOOD THAT SOMEONE ELSE HAS MADE!!

You'll save money AND feel awesome about yourself Like I did when I saw Austin's face when he saw dessert =)  And when he told me repeatedly and bragged to his friends and family =)

Yeah , my confidence went through the roof that night =)

Well with that thought in your mind, go home and make something from scratch. Put down the car keys and open the fridge and pantry and be creative.  Or pull down that cook book you forgot you even had that Aunt Bertha sent you. Blow off the dust and crack it open.  Try the first recipe you see and have fun with it.  Its okay to make substitutions(within reason).  And most of all, share your creation whether it be good or bad, with friends and family and share the joys of the triumph and success or the laughter in a job not-as-well-done-as-it-could-have-been-but-it-will-be-better-next-time.  =)



"If you fear failure, you'll never learn to cook."
 
-Julia Child
 
 
Have a great day everyone and let me know how the next cooking session goes! =)

2 comments:

McKall Rappleye said...

Idea: You and Austin move back to Provo -- we'll hire you as a chef -- you can make this pie for me every night. :)

Papa said...

Let me say....YUM! I would have loved to tast it. You are a good cook and I cannot wait to try one of your pies. Austin gain weight....not a chance with the way he's working out. Oh, I started the Insanity workout about a week ago and it's kicking my butt! Talk about being sore! I have been practicing cooking on the grill several times a week. And, yes...even in the snow! :) I'm working on being a grill-master. ;)

Looking forward to you possibly moving closer! :)

Love you bunches! Papa