Monday, February 6, 2012

Adventure on Sunday

I am exhausted after yesterday. We drove all the way to Layton and back to St. George yesterday. It was a LONG time in the car. We got back WAY later than I had wanted. I was little upset that our dogs had been cooped up all day...

We attended Ashton's baby blessing and it was so beautiful. If that little boy stays on the right path he will be one amazing person. I am so excited that Patrick and Beki are parents. It will be fun to see how ashton turns out. =) The circle had a lot of men in it and patrick even invited austin to be in the circle. Austin really enjoyed it! =) He's excited for the day he can bless our baby =)

After the blessing was the testimony meeting and braxton just had to bear his testimony and garrick had patrick take him up this time(i guess braxton bears his testimony every fast sunday) and it was so funny. Like most little children they have the adult help them say their testimony and patrick had braxton say that he was thankful for his great uncle(meaning patrick haha) and all of the family just laughed. Well we laughed that quiet little laugh that you do if someone says something funny in sacrament. It made it even funnier that patrick made a face like, yeah that's right i'm awesome =) haha And then he bore his testimony and beki bore her testimony and beki's dad also bore his testimony. it was so sweet. He told a story how when beki was in primary giving a talk he was helping her with what to say. At the end she was bearing her testimony
Beki's dad: I love my mom and dad.
Beki: I love my mom.
Beki's dad: What about daddy?
Beki: What about daddy.

Ha ha I can totally see a little child doing that. They repeat almost exactly what you tell them to say right into the mic for EVERYONE to hear. It would have been so funny to see/hear that. I am sure we will have experiences like that. =) And then he bore his testimony to ashton. He said that he knows he can hear him. Although he might not be able to understand him because ashton has been speaking spanish in his past life. (another quiet little laugh) How cute is that. It was a very fun experience =)

After sacrament we headed over to the franco house for the luncheon. There was a LOT of people but it was fun to talk to emily and garrick and when they weren't surrounded by a million people beki and patrick. I wish we could have stayed longer there but we had a long drive back.

We had planned on swinging by the brewer house for like 15 minutes and grabbing our movies that we lent to ashlynn and ryan but it turned into almost 2 hours! I was way stressed. I had wanted to be on the road by 5:30pm but we didn't leave till almost 7. I don't think they realized that we were going to get home at like midnight!! and that austin had work early the next morning. Austin doesn't really care about things like that but I do of course and I was worried about the dogs making a mess. They had been locked up since 7am. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the little visit with the fam but it stressed me out insanely. The whole 4.5 hour drive back home I was stressed and a little upset that we had stayed so long and that we were going to get home so late. I felt so bad for the dogs too. The later we got back the later I was going to have to stay up with them so they could have some time to stretch their legs and play. We were up till after 1am last night and we had to get up at 6:30. (we slept in an extra 15 minutes but it doesn't really help)

So overall the day was really fun but stressful the last 5 hours and my eyes are hurting due to the lack of sleep and the bright lights of the cars last night(are we the only ones that don't like the headlights of on-coming cars?). But I can't go back to sleep because I have a paper to start writing, dishes to do, lesson to plan, vacuum, and apply for jobs. I'm getting a headache just thinking about all the other stuff I need to do that I didn't take the time to write...ugh.....sigh...

But at the moment I am blogging while watching Everything You Want (which I HIGHLY suggest to everyone!!!) and listen to the dogs snore. Very soothing. Well except for the occasional toot from becca. She has been a tooting machine this morning! Ha ha and they are DEFINITELY old lady stinky toots. =) haha I love my baby. And then there is duke who is dreaming of chasing a rabbit =) Its so adorable! =)

Well I am going to have to get to work now. I'll chat with you guys later. Have a wonderful day and don't forget to stop and smell the roses! Slow down appreciate the small little beauties all around us.

=)

No comments: