So recently at work I have been taking down a fence around a livestock catchment.
For those of you not range savy that is a large area of ground covered in plastic. It catches the rain that falls and collects it into a very large tank. The tank is connected to troughs where the livestock that grazes in the desert can drink. Normally they are hidden behind a hill so nobody sees them.
Anyway, I was taking down this fence, which was about 9 feet tall. I found out that most of the fencing materials were going to be thrown away (our efficient government at work). So I got permission to take as much as I wanted. I brought it home and I built a fence. With the two dogs a small fenced in area is nice especially because Duke keeps chewing through the rope. Now he can run around and not have to worry. It isn't perfect but with the tools I have it is sufficient. Victoria helped a lot I still need to put in a gate. Right now we have to jump over the railing on the porch.
Also a couple days ago I was playing around with my BB gun I had just re adjusted the sights so
it was actually aiming in the right area. I noticed a couple of doves flying over the house. I didn't see them flying past the house so I expected that they landed I snuck over to the edge of the house to see if I could see them. I saw one sitting on top of the telephone pole by our house. So I did the only thing a young man with a gun and a hunting licence. I aimed at the the bird and shot. My first shot was a little high but the bird did notice so I knew I wasn't too far off. I then hurried and pumped the gun again and took a second shot. This one connected right were I was aiming. The bird dropped and I went and got it. I cleaned it and me and Victoria cooked it and ate it. It was pretty good. Overall a good experience.


No comments:
Post a Comment