Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Today/Recently =)

First of all isn't he just so darn cute?! He has to be the cutest little boy i have EVER seen! Especially when he is sleeping, Duke will stretch his toes apart and you can see how web footed he really is and it is so darling =) And i like touching his nose when he is sleeping =)


Last night for FHE Austin gave a lesson about the importance of family prayer and so he asked me to make some signs for next to the front door to remind us in the mornings and a sign next to our bed to remind us in the evenings to have prayer together. Well austin was thinking i would just print off a little something from the computer and tape it up on the wall...well of course i can't just do that when there are so many natural building materials in the outdoors!


There is a big pile of pallet wood left from the previous renters and so i dug through them and found the pieces i wanted =) I then pulled out Austin's circular saw and trimmed certain pieces down to the right size. I then took the power drill and drilled holes for the string. I also had to pound in a couple nails for the one above for the vertical pieces of wood. I then wrote on them prayer quotes and strung the string through and



TAAA-DAAAA!!!



Beautiful signs to help remind us and look great in our cabin on the walls =)

I love this chili book! And i love chili!! What a good food to enjoy on a cold day or a day in Hawaii at the Paniola Inn enjoying their GREAT chili that i love so much!!! =) (that's for you ken!!!)




I was given this apron at a bridal shower when we went home in april 2010. I had a hard time wearing it because i swear it was made for me JUST IN CASE i EVER had TRIPLETS! I mean it was huge on me!! And i looked ridiculous! And i am sad to say that i have no pictures of what it looked like before(believe me you wouldn't really like what you would see!) So what does victoria do in these sort of situations??? She fixes things so that they fit her slim petite body. I don't do the best job always but in the end i wear it no matter what and am proud of my work.






So I took in the sides, shortened the shoulder straps, brought them closer together, brought the ribbon tie up higher, cut holes for the ribbon to criss cross through so that the straps wouldn't fall off, safety pinned the front at the stomach and at the neck to reduce all the extra fabric that was there, and i put a broach at the neck to add to the overall cuteness of the apron. =)


What do you think??

1 comment:

Clayton & Amanda said...

Seriously, you are so talented! I hope to be as creative and such a good wife like you someday :) Love you BFE!